Sunday, October 31, 2010

MEDIA MEDITATION #3: Ok go is a MUST go!



This month's limbically appealing event was the OK GO concert at Higher ground, in Burlington Vermont. It was like music to my ears---literally!

OK GO really pulled out all the stops in their performance, the moment they stepped out on stage the lights turned bright and a confetti cannon shot out over the band and the audience. At first my reptilian brain told me to flight, heart racing and head spinning from all the commotion, but the blaring sound of their hit song "Here it goes again" hit my ears and I began to rock out!

I didn't know many songs from the band when I decided to go to the concert...in fact I only had three of their songs on my ipod! However, I knew their concert was going to be exciting and entertaining...after all they are known for their crazy music videos such as the colorful stop animation "End Love" and the intricate "this too shall pass".

I certainly wasn't disappointed!

They had laser guitars, light blinking jackets and did I mention the confetti cannon?! It was basically raining colors!!!



They even showed their new music video for white knuckles...in 3D! They gave out 3D goggles to all the audience members and everything! Below is the music without 3D effects...still pretty funky right?



Perhaps it was the small venue, but I definitely didn't feel just like a small member in a crowd at their show. It really felt like they were going for a personal shift, interacting with the audience, using humor and joking about how they love Vermont because the audience was filled with hippies and at several times the lead singer came into the audience to dance and sing, and even played an acoustic set in the middle of the crowd!! It was great.

At the end of the concert, the band even took a photo of the crowd and uploaded it to facebook, so they could remember their fans! I immediately went online and tagged myself of course. I wanted to end the blog with that uploaded picture, a circle around where I was standing, but the pesky dorm internet won't let me on facebook for some reason so I can't.

Well...this is awkward.

Instead, I'll distract the anyone reading this blog with another amazing OK GO music video



Wasn't that awesome? I'm sure the flow in that music video made you forget all about a silly picture!! What silly picture you ask? Exactly.

(all photos courtesy of Google Images)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, indeed, Andrea!

    Wow.

    Very good blogging - caption and credit your photo embeds to make excellent, yes? (Is that your shooting, or someone else's?)

    Nice band,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete