Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ABCD BLOG




Hi! I'm Andrea!

1. I am from South Windsor Connecticut, though for the first 9 years of my life I lived in East Hartford Connecticut.


2. I traveled to France for a graduation present and it was so interesting to see how another culture lives. I'm not sure if that qualifies for a media experience so I'd just like to add that traveling was a very new and enjoyable experience for me. I hadn't been on a plane in years and it was very interesting to see the working technology up in the sky, seeing as every seat got their own personal television where they could watch a bunch of new television shows, movies or listen to any mainstream music.

The Picture to the far left is me in front of the eiffel tower in France. It was a fabulous time! ---->

3. One thing I like about 21st century media culture is our instant connection to the people in our lives and the connection we have to the endlessly knowledgeable internet. If we have a question about something we can always just "cha-cha" it or "Google" it. One thing I don't like is how addicting the internet and television is. I've spent countless beautiful days in front of the dim glow of my laptop or television screen.

4. I honestly have no idea what I want to do with my life, career wise. I suppose that's what college is for, right? Right now, I'm exploring my options in the communications major. I could see myself as a professional writer, PR or digital film making major as well. I really liked working on my high school's literary arts magazine and yearbook when I was a high school student and could see myself working at a magazine of some type.
Whenever I think of working at a magazine, I think of the lighthearted chick flick "13 going on 30" One of my favorite scenes from the movie is the montage sequence of a magazine photoshoot where the main character Jenna is reconnecting with a childhood sweetheart.







It could happen...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment